Liquiflo's ENDURA® AB-Series is our Patented Air-Barrier Centrifugal Pump. This innovative revolutionary design was the recipient of the 1995 Vaaler Award. The ENDURA® AB can run dry indefinitely and handles solids - something no other pump in the industry can do.
The AB (air-barrier) combines the best features of a standard sealed pump with that of a mag-drive pump, while eliminating the drawbacks commonly associated with these designs. This patented design makes the ENDURA® AB unlike any other pump in the industry.
How It Works
A gas seal isolates the process fluid from the bearings within a mag-drive pump. The benefit of this design is that the ENDURA® AB does not rely on the pumpage for lubrication. This allows the use of standard, greased-for-life ball bearings, instead of the common sleeve bearings found in all other magnetically driven pumps.
Great Features of the Endura Air-Barrier® Pump:
- Can run dry indefinitely
- Lowest L3/D4 ratio of any pump - 9.3
- Solids handling up to 40%
- Close-coupled or Power Frame
- ANSI dimensional for easy change-out
- Greased-for-life antifriction ball bearings
- Gas seal prevents process fluid from contacting bearings
- Inherent secondary containment
- Magnetically driven - NdFeB or SmCo high-strength magnetic couplings
- Transformation Toughened Zirconia (TTZ) ceramic containment can eliminates eddy current losses
- Module option for easy replacement
Endura Air-Barrier: Winner of the 1995 Vaaler Award